Can Fitness Machines Prevent Overweight and Obesity?
Vibration exercise platforms are making waves as the new and easy way out of being overweight and obese. By simply standing or sitting on the said machines for 15 minutes or more in a day, three times a week, you can expect to burn many calories, leading to weight reduction.
With almost 2 billion adults who are overweight worldwide, this is good news indeed. However, the following questions need to be answered first. How true are these claims? What are the bases for these claims?
Although more researches are required to conclude the veracity of these claims, the advocates of vibration fitness machines are reporting decrease in weight with the use of the gadget. In studies using small population, the lost pounds are the same with those who are doing the traditional exercises. How?
The same physiological effects that are occurring while one is doing traditional exercises are also taking place while one is using the whole vibration machine. The same amount of calories are also being burned hence the weight reduction sans the active workout.
Just like the usual exercise, the success of the vibration platform exercises can be attributed to the following:
- Release of feel-good brain chemicals such as endorphins. The body is energized and becomes more active. In such state, individuals who would use the extra energy for more strenuous exercise would lose weight faster. Another advantage is that it removes the urge to crave for sugary foods, which is a culprit for weight increase and obesity, too.
- Improves circulation. Delivery of oxygen and nutrients to all parts of the body becomes easy. This is also caused by vasodilation (widening of arterial wall). When the cells are well nourished, they would not send a message to the brain to take in food. Consequently, appetite is suppressed and the body consumes food only when it is needed.
- Increase muscle mass. With vibration plate exercise, fats are burned. It also promotes growth of muscles. With muscle growth, there are more calories being burned, whether while working out or resting.
- Improves metabolism. This is about how the body uses energy. When there is increased metabolism, the body burns more calories, hence the weight loss. In turn, this will boost metabolism again and the cycle is repeated. The opposite principle can be applied too. With a decrease in metabolism is lesser calories burned, hence the weight gain.
- Provides extra energy. The vibration fitness machines would also boost the energy level of a person, the same way exercise does. With more energy, there is more power and stamina to complete exercise program or do other productive activities.
Vibration exercise platforms are not magic potions that can lose the pounds at once. Cooperation from the individual is required especially when it comes to having healthy diet, elimination of vices and sleeping for 6-8 hours a day, to name just a few healthy habits. Also, regular check ups with one’s doctor is advisable to ensure proper monitoring of one’s overall health and wellbeing.